Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Manhattan Libraries

The Library in manhattan was a great help for gathering basic information. At first learning and using the library in LaGuardia or any other Queens Public Library was useful. Though they dont provide information like the NYPL Humanities Research, or the Midtown Manhattan Library. It is more convenient to work on any research in the Midtown Manhattan Library on my perspective. For the fact that i take time on information whenever I do a report. The reason I'm saying this is because in NYPL Humanities Research, We are not allowed to check out books, though it holds more information. Midtown Manhattan Library has sufficient information for a legitimate research paper. It is full of valid resources on each floor. The most useful floor related to my research paper is the 5th floor. For the fact that it has the common information of what is needed with my project. Like history, my ideas and facts would be based on historical events to prove my point. The sucject of Law is also in this floor. I would try and defend of what i speak of with laws. Like our first ammendment that protects our freedom of speech, by indivuals and Press. Of what we speak of is based on Philosophy.Philosophies such as the teachings of Socrates, revealed by his student Plato. On the fourth floor, i would basically use to record my research or information i have gathered for the day. Because in this floor, all is used for is computers. It is to type and do research online, but internet research i can do at home. These are the floors i would use the most in my research, the others i can also use, for example. If i need visual facts, i would go to the 3rd floor, where i can find magazines, art, and photographs. The second floor is not valid for my research, except for the various encyclopedias it has. The first floor can be used to check out books based on topics for my research.

No comments: